Monday, June 11, 2007

June 11, 2007

I spend most of the morning writing.

Catch the bus(es) to the gym. A loud black woman who is dressed like Carmen Miranda sits down next to me and starts to tell a woman how easy it is to get a handicapped pass, which means free Metro.

I work out. I don’t want to make another gay comment about the gym, but I have to: it truly is a gay club with weights. Right down to the blaring bubblegum techno.

In the locker room, a young black guy with a generic-underwear model’s body stares at himself in the mirror and makes disgusted faces. A built, balding dude in his forties comes in and gives him a hug and a kiss and says, “It’s been a while. How are you?” The generic-underwear model says, “I’m fat.”

I leave.

Read scripts at the Borders on the corner of Sunset and Vine, which is where I snapped some pictures the other day before my camera died. So here they are:

Oooh
Will probably blow
I eat dinner at McDonalds. A woman who might be a crack fiend is short on change for her two-dollar meal. She asks me for a quarter even though the total is only $2.17. I give her a quarter and she doesn’t give me back the eight cents. I’m too hungry to say anything.

Before I catch the bus back to my neck of the woods, I see Adam Levine, the Maroon 5 guy, speed by in a black Mercedes SUV. He has a shitload of gel in his hair. I think of how he’ll never have to stand on Crenshaw during rush hour and wait for the 305 bus, which may or may not come.

And since it only comes once an hour, I decide I’ve probably already missed it and start to make the mile-trek home.

Only to have it pass me three minutes later.

Fuck.

Shit List:

June 1: Held it
June 2: Walgreen’s on the Miracle Mile
June 3: Best Buy Culver City
June 4: Gold's Gym Hollywood
June 5: Wood Ranch at the Grove
June 6: 8000 West Sunset Boulevard (Birthday shit)
June 7: 7-11 at the corner of San Vicente and Hauser
June 8: 7-11 at the corner of San Vicente and Hauser
June 9: No urge
June 10: No place to go
June 11: Gold’s Gym Hollywood

No comments: